What is Home Health? Home Health Care is just that... Health care provided to you in the comfort of your home. Whether your home is an apartment, senior living community or traditional home Legacy Healthcare will come to your residence to provide you with the care that you need to aid in your recovery. Home Health care can come in many different forms including in home skilled nursing, home health aide, skilled therapy and medical social services. Home Health care services are provided by a team of medical professionals including: Licensed Nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Licensed Social Workers and Home Health Aides. Our team of professionals works with you and your family and your Physician to ensure that your medical needs are met.
- Assessment of your medical condition
- Patient/Family education and training
- Infusion therapy
- Nutritional support
- Pain management
- Disease management and education
Wound and Ostomy Care Services
- Wound consultation for difficult wounds
- Sharp debridement
- Wound vac and other negative pressure therapies
- Compression therapy for venous stasis management
- Troubleshooting difficult ostomies
- Instructing and educating patients with new ostomys.
- Physical Therapy: Evaluation and exercises instructions to help improve strength, balance, walking and mobility. Typically prescribed for patients after stroke, heart attack or orthopedic surgery
- Occupational Therapy: Evaluation and exercises to help improve independence with activities of daily living (ADL's) such as: bathing, dressing, eating, meal preparation, etc. Typically prescribed for patients after a stroke, heart attack or orthopedic surgery.
- Speech Therapy: language and communication retraining, treatment of swallowing disorders and cognition improvement exercises. Typically prescribed for patients after a stroke or other serious illness that affects their ability to eat and/or communicate.
Our Speech therapists in some cases are able to improve swallowing function by utilizing state of the art Vital Stim Therapy.
Care givers are able to assist with meal preparation light housekeeping and additional assistance with activities of daily living. Please note that these services are not reimbursed through Medicare or Medicaid and will be billed privately to the patient in advance.
Through our partnership with Dr. Elmer Pacheco we are able to offer in home physician visits to patients on our caseload.
Some of the many advantages include:
- In home Physician visit shortly after admission to evaluate your medical needs
- Timely response and in home visit in the event your conditions changes
- In home diagnostics tests including: x-ray and laboratory services.
- Treatment of acute and urgent illnesses or injuries in your home that are neither non-life threatening, critical, or potentially serious and/or requiring major medical or emergency care
- At your request Dr. Pacheco can serve as you Primary Care Physician on an outpatient basis at his clinic after you complete your home health care treatment.
Home Health Aide
- Assistance with ADLs such as bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Assistance with prescribed exercises
- Monitoring of vital signs
Medical Social Services
- Assistance and education of available community resources
- Assistance with available financial resources i.e. Medicaid
- Helping caregivers get the support needed to provide the care to their loved ones.